Monday, December 5, 2011

The Super Awesome Purpose of This Blog

Writers like me like to talk about ourselves. It's a fact. We sit down in front of the computer and find ourselves happily hundreds of words into blog posts, all of it about... well, our profound thoughts and the things that happen to us to inspire our thoughts. You get the idea.

Am I the only one who thinks this is kind of self-centered?

I'll be the first one to admit that my old blog was the self-centered sort. I liked writing about my life, and I wanted to share my experiences with the world. Sometimes it was like therapy, a cathartic release of all the turmoil inside of me.

But, here's a thought. It may just be possible to make blogging about more than just me. I'd like to reach out and make connections with other human beings, their experiences, and their thoughts. So I'm starting this new blog for the purpose of actually making connections. I know, it's a novel idea.

So, this is what I'm going to do. Everything week, I will have a topic that I explore throughout the week in all of my posts. At the same time, of course, I will talk about myself and my opinions and tastes and all of the exciting things that happen in my life but with a focus that others can enjoy. I'll start this week with my first topic: inspiring songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment